Videovision Entertainment, United International Pictures, France Tourism Development Agency (Atout France) and DSTV have announced the winner of the Midnight In Paris competition. The lucky winner, DJ Schreuder, a financial manager from Durbanville in Cape Town won the bumper prize package of an unforgettable trip for two to Paris, France.
The much sought-after prize is comprised of:
- Two return airtickets in Premium Voyageur from either Johannesburg or Cape Town sponsored by Air France
- Four nights accommodation at the Hotel Bristol in Paris
- Two Metro Passes that include trips from the airport to Paris, from Paris to Versailles, as well as throughout Paris by either bus or Metro
- Two Paris Museum Passes valid for four days
- Dinner Panache for Two at the Lido
- A Bateaux Mouches Experience including dinner which will allow the winners to experience the grandeur of Paris from the unique long boats that leisurely sail the River Seine
- A 4 Roues Sous Un Parapluie Drive giving the winners a unique an authentic drive through Paris in the mythical convertible car, the Citroen 2cv with a driver who will entertain the winners with surprising anecdotes of Paris.
Midnight In Paris which is written and directed by Woody Allen, stars Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard, Kathy Bates, Adrien Brody, Michael Sheen, Lea Seydoux, and Carla Bruni. The film is a romantic comedy about a family on a business trip in Paris. As a young couple engaged to be married experiences a profound transformation during their visit to Paris, an idealistic man with a romanticized view of the city finds that there is plenty of truth to that old adage about the grass being greener on the other side.
Midnight In Paris opened in South Africa on 30 December 2011 and is still on circuit, having earned more than R2.3 million to date with just 12 prints. The film has been a highlight of the awards season, having won Movie of the Year at the American Film Institute Awards, the Critics Choice Award for Best Screenplay, the Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay, Best Screenplay from the Writers’ Guild of America and has been nominated for a host of additional awards including the BAFTAs, Independent Spirit Awards and the Academy Awards for which it has received nominations for Best Picture, Best Director (Woody Allen), Best Original Screenplay (Woody Allen) and Best Art Direction (Anne Seibel).
Atout France’s Hélène Bezuidenhoudt said, “Atout France in South Africa promotes tourism to France and we are delighted to have worked with Videovision Entertainment to put together the competition DJ Schreuder won. The movie Midnight in Paris, is a wonderful opportunity to see Paris and to imagine the Paris of the old days and it makes you want to go back there any time! DJ and his wife will be flying with Air France to Paris to spend 4 nights in the luxurious Le Bristol Palace, enjoy an evening at the Lido and one on the Bateaux Mouches! We also wish the film success at the Oscars this coming weekend.”
Sanjeev Singh, Director of Acquisition and Distribution for Videovision Entertainment commented, “We congratulate DJ Schreuder for winning this amazing prize in the Midnight In Paris Competition. He certainly will enjoy his stay in Paris which will, without doubt, be a once in a lifetime experience. We now await the Academy Awards on Sunday, 26 February and we are hopeful that the nominations for Midnight In Paris will become Oscars.”
A picture of the presentation to winner, DJ Schreuder by Delia Johnstone of Air France office and Hélène Bezuidenhoudt, Manager of Atout France in South Africa can be downloaded here.