It was announced earlier today that Woody Allen’s Midnight In Paris, which was acquired for distribution in South Africa by Videovision Entertainment, was nominated for four Golden Globe Awards. The film received nominations for Best Picture, Best Director (Woody Allen), Best Screenplay (Woody Allen) and Best Actor (Owen Wilson).
The film, which opens in South Africa on 30 December 2011, also stars Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard, Kathy Bates, Adrien Brody, Michael Sheen, Lea Seydoux, and Carla Bruni.
Midnight In Paris is a romantic comedy about a family on a business trip in Paris. As a young couple engaged to be married experiences a profound transformation during their visit to Paris, an idealistic man with a romanticized view of the city finds that there is plenty of truth to that old adage about the grass being greener on the other side.
Sanjeev Singh, Director of Acquisition and Distribution for Videovision Entertainment commented, “We are delighted with the four Golden Globe nominations and we are confident that the film will also receive BAFTA and Academy Award nominations next year. Midnight In Paris which was the closing night film at the Durban International Film Festival this year. We held the release until the end of this month, as we believed that the film will be featured in the Awards season.”
In the run-up to the release of Midnight In Paris, an exciting competition has been arranged by Videovision Entertainment and United International Pictures with France Tourism and DSTV. The prize comprises of:
- Two return airtickets in Premium Voyageur from either Johannesburg or Cape Town sponsored by Air France
- Four nights accommodation at the Hotel Bristol in Paris
- Two Metro Passes that include trips from the airport to Paris, from Paris to Versailles, as well as throughout Paris by either bus or Metro
- Two Paris Museum Passes valid for four days
- Dinner Panache for Two at the Lido
- A Bateaux Mouches Experience including dinner which will allow the winners to experience the grandeur of Paris from the unique long boats that leisurely sail the River Seine
- A 4 Roues Sous Un Parapluie Drive giving the winners a unique an authentic drive through Paris in the mythical convertible car, the Citroen 2cv with a driver who will entertain the winners with surprising anecdotes of Paris.
In order to enter, one has to watch the television advert for Midnight in Paris for the question and for clues and enter by either sms or through the DSTV website (www.dstv.com). For the sms entry, the keywords “Midnight in Paris” with the answer should be sms�ed to 33671 (cost of R1.50 per sms).
The terms and conditions for the competition are detailed on the DSTV website and staff and immediate family of Videovision Entertainment, United International Pictures, France Tourism and DSTV are not eligible to enter.